Opinion: 20 lies we all tell ourselves… and others (part 2)

13. I was too busy: No one is truly ever too busy to do important stuff. We're too busy to read our Bibles and Korans, too busy to watch the news, too busy to visit friends, too busy to finish a day's work in a day, too busy to reply IMs etc. Lies. This issue, sadly, can't be over-flogged. Proper time management and planning and an outright end to laziness creates ample loads of time.
14. I have changed or else I would break up, or slap him or drive faster. For the past ten years of your life this has been a recurrent statement. If yes, then you've not changed. You've always been forgiving or a slow driver or…..blah blah blah. Again you get the point.
15. If I lived in the United States….I'd be great: Well, as much as I say this to myself a lot and I so wish this were true, Aliko Dangote in 2013 gave me 20 billion reasons why it mustn't be true. Yes, opportunities abound across the Atlantic, yes venture capitalists wake up everyday seeking some bright chap to invest millions in. But all of us aren't going to make it to Land of the Free, we might as well make our dreams come true right here.
16. I have never gone a day without my smart phone, or headset, or iPad etc…….except that time we went to Cameroon mountains and stayed for two weeks, and the other time NEPA went on strike, and…..aha! One thing truly amazing thing about humans is adaptation, we adapt quite quickly and with very little consequences also.
17. You'll be OK: This is one of the best lies because we don't know the future. But we need the morale boosting of this lie, the hope it offers. So we all like to hear it. Sometimes we say this to someone and it never becomes OK. My advice next time you're in the same situation, repeat the words "you'll be OK". It works more often than not.
Finally, let's get a bit more political
18. I wanted to go out and vote, but……: Bros! If you wanted to vote you would have. The quote "If you want to do something you find a reason to, if you don't you find an excuse" has never fit any situation better
19. I want Nigeria to change: No, you don't. If you did you'd ask your Uncle who's a commissioner why he hasn't fixed the road to Adikpo market. Or I would ask my friend who is a Doctor why they've never gone on strike to protest the law (if there is any) that prevents accident victims, and gunshot victims from being treated in hospitals without a police report (that takes hours to get) all in the name that they MIGHT be "suspected criminals"
20. Corruption in Nigeria should be eliminated: Oh yeah? How did you get your drivers licence in 2 days? Did you pay tax on the last revenue you received, though the government wasn't aware? Abegi leave matter for Matthias
Truths we need to start telling ourselves will be coming your way soon

Popular posts from this blog

Between Tecno Camon CX And CX Limited Edition (Similarities and differences)

#HonourOfTheBlue: See Beautiful Photos From TECNO Mobile’s #CXLimitedEdition Launch In Lagos

Upgrade and Improved Features of Tecno Mobile's #Camon #CXLimitedEdition